Land Of Nod: Design for Kids and People That Used to be Kids
The Honest Company

                                                  

I may get judged for this post but I don't really care. For some reason women shy away from talking about the embarrassing parts of pregnancy, but I embrace it. It may not be funny while happening at the time but when you look back you realize how truly hilarious those moments are.

Pregnancy is filled with "the glow", the promise of a new life, baby kicks, and the miracle of growing a human being in your belly.

It is also filled with gas, an uncontrollable bladder, crazy cravings, hemorrhoids, sweating more then normal, heartburn, waddling, hairy legs, untamed lady parts, unpainted toe nails and stretch marks.

When you get to a certain point in your pregnancy, certain things become very very hard. This can lead to some embarrassment. Like sneezing in public.

I think one of the biggest pregnancy embarrassments is an uncontrollable bladder. This isn't as big of a deal the first pregnancy but as you enter pregnancy 2, 3 or 4 you start to admire the women who still have control of their bladder. What a weird thing to be jealous of haha

This is my 4th pregnancy and now unless I cross my legs while sneezing I pee myself. Not just a little. Like ALOT. I am not sure why I haven't started carrying around an extra pair of underwear in my purse or maybe wearing a pad. Maybe I'm in denial that I have the bladder of a 60 year old.

The other day we were out at the mall shopping and I sneezed, but since I was walking I didn't cross my legs. Lets just say I was thankful to be wearing a dress because I'm pretty sure if I had been wearing jeans there would have been a wet mark that would be pretty hard to hide. At the time I almost cried because it was so awful, but luckily no one else knew. I usually don't even tell my husband when these things happen, cause lets be honest peeing your pants isn't the sexiest thing, unless you're into that;) haha

One of my most embarrassing moments happened when I was pregnant with Paislee. I was really craving Arbys, especially their cheddar cheese. So we got in the car and drove down the road to Arbys. I ordered a medium roast beef with a side of cheddar. As we were almost home  I looked into the bag and saw that they had forgot my cheese, and I LOST it!! I started bawling my eyes out. I cried uncontrollably for a couple minutes and yelled about how they had forgot my cheese. My husband just starred at me and laughed and asked if I was really crying over cheese. Of course at the time the whole situation seemed to be very serious to me. I mean, they forgot my cheese!! I continued throwing a fit and demanded that he turn around and get me my cheese. He didn't and this just made me more upset. We got home and I ate my medium roast beef without the cheese. I was upset about it the rest of the day.

I didn't realize how silly this whole thing was till a few days later.
My husband still holds this against me and every time we go through a drive through while I'm pregnant and they forget something in my order he looks at me and smiles. I think he is secretly hoping I freak out again just so he can have another thing to make fun of me for.

Because of the stomach problems I have suffered for years I never have gas. Unless Im pregnant, and then my body feels the need to catch up for all those years I never had to deal with it. For some reason this only happens out in public or during sex.

The one situation this becomes an issue is during sex (TMI?) Sex during pregnancy is sometimes just pure embarrassing during the last trimester. You have a stomach the size of a water melon, heart burn and have stretch marks covering your body. Its pretty hard to feel sexy. Especially when you fart during sex, am I right?! That is all I will say on that subject.

I have learned to laugh at all these embarrassing moments because in the scheme of things 9 months of this isn't very long. Plus its always fun to make fun of yourself.

Do you have any embarrassing pregnancy stories? Please share in the comments...if you dare!



Pictures by the very talented Whitney Moyer



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *