Land Of Nod: Design for Kids and People That Used to be Kids
The Honest Company

As a women I will always be my harshest critic and expect more of myself then I am capable of. To my surprise this has intensified becoming a stay at home mom. I feel inadequate a lot and wonder if I am being the best mom I can be. I read blogs, see mom's interacting with their kids and even watch my friends with their kids and wonder if I'm doing my best with my own child. I see other moms constantly doing different activities, never raising their voices and being patient. Then I think to myself, I don't always have different activities planned, I raise my voice at times and I get very impatient when my 2 year old spends the day whining.
I take a step back and really think. I don't see what goes on every second of every day in these other moms lives. I don't see how they react when their toddler dumps out her cup of juice on the couch or throws a fit or refuses to go to bed. I only see what they want me to see.
This is what I have to keep in mind when viewing a mommy blog/facebook/Instagram. These parents usually aren't posting the ugly moments of their day or complaining about their child. On the outside any of these mom's and children can seem picture perfect.
I have learned to be confident in my parenting and to stop comparing myself to other mothers. The truth is those mothers are not me and their children aren't my child. No one persons circumstance will be the same as mine. Although I may find other mothers with similar parenting styles and lifestyles they will never be exactly the same as me, and I will never be the same as them.
I think a lot of stay at home moms feel the pressure to put on this front that they are the perfect parents and their child never mis behaves, because if they let others see their mishaps then they feel they aren't doing their job.
I think there is beauty in mothers who are willing to admit their mistakes and share difficult times with their friends/family.
Parenting isn't going to be sunshine and Rainbows and I think it's so important that we all remember that. If you are already a parent, then you are aware of this fact.
I feel like there is so much pressure on mom's to be perfect and I think a lot of these expectations come from other moms.
When we see a fellow mother doing something we don't agree with or making a mistake I think know we need to encourage them and not put them down. We won't always agree with someone else's parenting styles and that's ok. We need to support each other. 
Being a stay at home mom, it's ok to wear your pjs all day, and binge on your TV shows. We all need days like that.
We need to learn that it's ok to let the laundry build up and the dishwasher go unloaded while we spend the day playing with our kids.
I need to stop comparing myself to others and trust myself
My child is happy, healthy and loved.
I am doing the very best that I can.
I am enough.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *